Applications now open for 2020/2021 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships. The search for Australia’s next
generation of innovators has commenced. Now in its fifth year, the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship is
a postgraduate scholarship program designed to attract outstanding young Australians who have the
ideas and drive to help shape a better future.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in
Australia. 17 scholarships are available across the Group of Eight universities, each valued up to $120,000
per student over two or three years. The scholarship’s major difference is a nine-month bespoke
Leadership Development Program and the opportunity to spend up to six months abroad to gain global
Scholarship recipients must undertake their postgraduate studies at one of the following eight
universities, in a field of world-class standing:
- The University of Adelaide
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of New South Wales
In addition to up to $120,000 in financial support, successful recipients gain lifelong membership to the
Westpac 100 Scholars Network. Each year the Network grows by 100 scholars from each of the five
scholarships ordered by the Westpac Scholars Trust.
Eligibility for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia
The scholarship supports individuals who are undertaking post-graduate study that will ultimately make
a difference to Australia in one of three areas; technology and innovation, fostering Australian-Asian ties,
and enabling positive social change.
They are looking for switched-on, curious thinkers who have the inspiration, drive and ideas to change
Australia – and potentially the world – for the better.
Open to scholars who have:
- Who have demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full time
Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of well above world standard.
Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation
or enabling positive social change.
- With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate
this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real.
Possessing a desire and potential to lead.
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines.
- Confident in taking on challenges.
- A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Requirements for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian
citizens are not eligible).
- You have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2014, OR will
complete by 31 December 2019.
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent
(approx. 75 WAM).
- You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at
one of our nine participating universities.
- You have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants has
an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” and for Masters by coursework
applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
- You must commence study in 2020 (Jan – Dec 2020), not before.
- Funding requests for the purpose of medical research as defined in the ARC Medical
- Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be
considered; MD, juris doctor programs or equivalent are also excluded.
- Masters by coursework programs must be completed within two years.
You are able to supply two letters of reference – one academic reference and one personal
Course of Study for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia
- It can be in any field and must be relevant to the Trust’s focus areas.
- Include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas
university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline,
or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will
develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
Application for Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia
- 18 June 2019: Applications open
- 4 September 2019: Applications close (11:59pm, AEST)
- 9-10 December 2019: National Assessment Centre in Sydney
- December 2019: Notification of outcome
- 16-21 February 2020: Leadership Development Program: Sydney Residential
- 2-3 April 2020: Westpac Scholars’ Summit
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Studies in Australia Application Link
DO YOU KNOW?
- Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships is offered annually.
- The scholarship will continue in perpetuity.
- The programme also includes fellowships.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal