The Canada government is offering fully funded scholarships for International Students. Each year the Government of Canada’s Vanier International Scholarships offers 166 scholarships for higher studies in Canada. As continuing this scheme, the Government of Canada is activating the Vanier Canada graduate funding opportunities (Vanier CGS) program.
The Government of Canada is the federal administration of Canada. Its monarch is personally represented by the Governor General of Canada.
Why at this program? Through this program, students have the opportunity to complete their doctoral studies with the help in the education cost and academic facilities. They will build a bright future and also creates a positive impact on society.
Eligibility for Vanier International Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can apply for doctoral studies at any Canadian university.
- Admissible Criteria: Participants need to follow criteria-
- Not hold a faculty appointment concurrently with a Vanier Scholarship unless they arrange for a leave of absence from the appointment
- Remain enrolled and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress in their doctoral program.
- Not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Not be concurrently holding any other SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR training award (note: Michael Smith Foreign Studies Supplement excepted).4
How to Apply
- If you want to apply for the grant, then you must have to follow all the instruction of applying to the program and to the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Copy of academic transcripts, resume or curriculum vitae, copy of the passport, language ability proof, details of referees, a research proposal, and some additional information should be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: A successful candidate must have achieved a minimum of 80%, or equivalent, in each of the last two completed years of full-time study, or equivalent to full-time study.
- Language Requirement: If your country language is not English, so you have to show your English language proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS test.
Benefits: The educational fund will provide $50,000 per year for this three years degree level course.
Application Deadline for Vanier International Scholarships, Canada 2019-2020
- September 30th for Western application submission deadline in ResearchNet
- October 31 for universities to submit nominated applications to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal