University of Hamburg Merit Scholarship is now ongoing for International Students in Germany 2019. See how to apply here.
The Universitat Hamburg is offering a merit scholarship program to support outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who have been actively involved in an international context.
This Hamburg merit scholarship award for international students helps the recipients to fully concentrate on their studies as well as gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Universität Hamburg was founded in 1919 by local citizens. Important founding figures include Senator Werner von Melle and the merchant Edmund Siemers. Nobel Prize winners such as the physicists Otto Stern, Wolfgang Pauli, and Isidor Rabi taught and researched at the University.
Many other distinguished scholars, such as Ernst Cassirer, Erwin Panofsky, Aby Warburg, William Stern, Agathe Lasch, Magdalene Schoch, Emil Artin, Ralf Dahrendorf, and Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker, also worked here.
Today Universität Hamburg is the largest institution for research and education in northern Germany. It offers a diverse range of degree programs and excellent research opportunities.
The University also boasts of numerous interdisciplinary projects in a broad range of fields and an extensive partner network of leading regional, national, and international higher education and research institutions.
Universität Hamburg has developed a number of successful key research areas that shape its overall research profile. These research are in:
- Climate, Earth, Environment
- Photon and Nanosciences
- Manuscript Research
- Particle, Astro- and Mathematical Physics
- Infection Research and Structural Biology
- Health Economics
Universität Hamburg offers approximately 170-degree programs within its 8 faculties which include the Faculty of:
- Business, Economics and Social Sciences
- Mathematics, Informatics, and Natural Sciences
- Psychology and Human Movement Science
- Business Administration (Hamburg Business School)
This great university is also home to several museums and collections, such as the Zoological Museum, the Herbarium Hamburgense, the Geological-Paleontological Museum, the Loki Schmidt Garden, and the Hamburg Observatory.
What You Need To Know:
Universität Hamburg is committed to sustainability. All its faculties have taken great strides towards sustainability in both research and teaching.
Level / Field of Study:
The merit scholarship university Hamburg is open to international students who are twenty-nine years of age or younger and are pursuing a magister, bachelor’s, or master’s degree. However, international students of thirty-three years or younger should be pursuing a doctoral degree.
The Hamburg scholarships for International students covers all courses offered by the University of Hamburg in Germany.
The merit scholarship at the University of Hamburg is to be taken in Germany.
The Hamburg scholarship for International students is available to students from every part of the world.
- The maximum monthly funding for the merit scholarship at the University of Hamburg is €650. Individual doctoral researchers are awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month depending on the availability of funding.
- This is usually done through a DAAD STIBET doctoral scholarship.
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters, totaling 12 months. International students must submit a report on the progress of their studies and their internationalization activities for Universität Hamburg after 6 months of funding.
The following are the eligibility criteria for international students applying for the merit scholarship at the university:
- Students must be pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in a degree program for at least 2 semesters;
- They must not hold German citizenship;
- Students should not be eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- They must demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- Students should be prepared to get actively involved in Universität Hamburg’s internationalization;
- They must reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period; and
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
International students will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses if English is not their first language.
How To Apply:
Students applying for the Hamburg merit scholarship are to follow the link for their chosen application period and log in using your STiNE ID.
Firstly, students should download the application form below (in PDF):
Next, the student should register and complete their application.
Students must upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- Tabular CV
- Letter of motivation with a PIASTA project proposal (see FAQs) and justifying your need
- Proof of international social and/or political activities
- Record of achievements: STiNE printout or list of course certificates
- Master’s students and doctoral researchers, submit your final certificate. Use this template(PDF) to list your academic achievements if they are not recorded in STiNE.
- Evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In justified cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
- Template: evaluation form (PDF)
- Only applications completed in full and submitted by the application deadline can be considered. Therefore, begin compiling your application documents early on and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
The deadline for applying for the Hamburg Merit scholarship for international students in Germany is 15 October 2019.
DO YOU KNOW?
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €720.
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months).
- It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal