Application for Data Incubator Data Science Fellowship 2019/2020. The Data Science Fellowship is a free advanced 8-week program (think data science bootcamp) for PhDs looking to enter industry.
About Data Incubator Data Science Fellowship
Fellows have the option to participate in the program either in person in New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Washington DC, or online.
There are three main components to the program:
- Weekly Projects: You’ll build a series of mini projects to showcase your programming and mathematical talents. These projects will help you build your data science skill set using real world data to solve business problems.
- Capstone Project: Using a data set of your choice you will build a working web application to showcase your talents for employers.
- Interviews with employer: TDI works with over 300 employers in a variety of industries. Those employers play an active role in our programming throughout the cohort, attending events with students, and hosting panels on their industries.
- Job placement assistance: Data Incubator’s staff works closely with Fellows to identify their unique interests and skills to facilitate placements with our industry partners.
- Tuition free: The program is free for admitted Fellows
- Hands on experience: All of Data Incubator’s projects are designed to give you experience with real data sets, solving real problems.
- Onsite instructors: Every location has an onsite Data Scientist in Residence to lead discussion and assist students.
- Mentorship from industry leaders: Learn from alumni and senior data scientists, and build your professional network.
- Cohort style program: Make the transition from academia with a selective peer group excited to learn and collaborate. They aim to keep each cohort small, fewer than 20 students per location, to maximize your interaction with our Data Scientists in Residence.
Eligibility for Data Incubator Data Science Fellowship
- Open to anyone who already has a master’s degree or PhD. You do not need to currently be a student in order to apply as long as you already have a master’s or PhD. Faculty and postdocs are also welcome.
- Anyone who is in the process of earning a master’s degree or PhD can also apply. They recommend master’s students be in their last semester of coursework at the time they attend the program and PhD students be within six months of defending their dissertation.
The program is geared towards helping participants find a job in the private sector and we are looking for candidates who want to start within 1-2 months of completing the Fellowship.
The deadline for the fellowship is not stated. However, it is advised to apply before 16th September, 2019, when the next cycle of the program will commence.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal