The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) is offering scholarships for 2019/2020 to students who commenced undergraduate and Higher National Diploma studies during the 2017/2018 academic session.
About Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF)
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation was founded by the Governors of the 19 northern states of Nigeria in cooperation with the associates, friends, admirers and well-wishers of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello, KBE, the Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of the former northern region.
The Foundation was established to foster the legacy of leadership and good governance bequeathed by Sir Ahmadu Bello for the human and economic development of northern Nigeria.
About Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) Scholarship
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) is offering scholarships to students who commenced undergraduate and Higher National Diploma studies during the 2017/2018 academic session.
SABMF Undergraduate and Higher National Diploma Studies Scholarship 2019/2020
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation scholarship scheme is part of the Foundation’s focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria and it provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the awards.
The scholarship award is worth N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand Naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of “Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnic students.
Applications are hereby invited for the 20 17/2018 session. The scholarship is available to qualified and successful applicants of northern state origin who gained admission into 100 level (through JME), 200 levels (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2017/2018 academic session and are presently undertaking their studies.
Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
- Credit in 5 “0” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
Must be indigenes of the Federal Capital Territory or any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
A letter of reference from a community leader
However, meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and candidate’s ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- State of Origin Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copies of admission letters from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid student identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader in the applicant’s LGA
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their personal information (not more than one page) in the following below format using MS Word and as an attached document to: [email protected]
- Full Names (in the order of first name, middle named surname)
- GSM phone number (s)
- Email address
- Age, Date of Birth, Place of Birth
- Gender (male or female)
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Name & phone number of a community leader from the applicant’s LGA known to him/her
- Name of University/Polytechnic
- Course of Study & Level
- Scholarship and/or Bursary held currently
- WAEC/NECO Result (list subject and grades)
General Information/Notice for the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) Scholarship 2019/2020
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2019.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Sir Ahmadu Bello Foundation is non-profit.
- The foundation is active in various sectors of the economy.
- The foundation was built as a legacy for the late Sir. Ahmadu Bello.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal