Germany in one of the most desirable places for international students to study. Sincerely speaking, the reasons are numerous. Some of the reasons students prefer studying in Germany this 2019 include:
- Some universities in Germany do not require school fees.
- The country has a high level of education.
- You can work while you are studying in Germany.
- Germany is free from societal and political unrest.
- The cost of living is relatively low.
Scholarships in Germany for International Students in Engineering in 2019-2020
1. Goethe Goes Global Scholarships 2019-2020
The Goethe Goes Global scholarship for master’s programmes is a ground-breaking project. The scholarship is unique in the academic landscape of Germany. However, the purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career and support you during your master’s studies.
The Goethe Goes Global Scholarship 2019-2020 offers:
• A monthly scholarship amount of 1,000€ for the standard period of a master’s programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
• Support and orientation from an experienced master’s student buddy during your studies
• Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy (GRADE), normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
• Access to an innovative research environment and networks that connect you with fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
• Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
Up to 20 Scholarships are awarded every year.
2. Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Students 2019-2020
Kofi Annan Fellowship is a fellowship grant for an emerging leader from a developing country for a two-year Master’s in Management (MIM). It can also be a one-year full-time MBA education at ESMT Berlin in Berlin, Germany.
On the other hand, fellows will receive a full tuition scholarship from ESMT (€25,000 for MIM students and €43,500 for MBA students). An additional plus fair compensation for travel and accommodation costs and program related fees will be given.
Furthermore, travel, visa, housing, insurance, placement, networking will also be supported.
3. DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses 2019-2020
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses. It aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
It is hosted by German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses.
Courses eligible in DAAD Scholarship 2019-2020 include Masters or PhD courses in:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences
- Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences;
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Education and Law
- Media Studies
4. ERASMUS MUNDUS Scholarships for Engineering Students 2019-2020
German Universities participate in quite a number of study programs which are funded by Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus+ scholarships. The scholarships can finance international students to pursue a participating study program in Germany.
An Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions.
Moreover, EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the best student candidates applying under annual selection rounds.
5. Civil Society Leadership Awards 2019-2020
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provide fully funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
Level/ Field of study:
Master’s Degree Programme in the following areas:
• Communications, Journalism & Media
• Culture, History & Society
• Development Studies
• Education Management & Leadership
• Environment & Natural Resource Management
• Gender Studies
• Human Rights
• Law (including Human Rights law)
• Politics & International Studies
• Public Health Policy & Health Management
• Public Policy & Administration
• Social Work & Social Policy
6. University of Hamburg Merit Scholarships 2019-2020
Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers. This comprises of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. Furthermore, the awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
You are entitled to funding if you:
- are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester);
- do not hold German citizenship;
- are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG)
7. KAAD Scholarship 2019-2020
Scholarship applications are only administered by the Catholic chaplaincies of all German universities.
Applications directed straight to KAAD cannot be considered.
Please contact the KHG/KSG in charge at your university:
You can apply for the scholarship programme 2 of KAAD if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
- are already studying at a German University
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university (applicants for master programs may present their documents as early as during the final semester of their bachelor programs)
- are a Catholic Christian (or – particularly for candidates from the Middle East – belong to another Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
- possess German language skills (at least general communication level)
8. MAWISTA Scholarship 2019-2020
We are looking for students who won’t give up and who would like to finish their study even with double stress (study and child). This is very important to us. If you think, that you are the one, send your application now!
International students with a child who are going to manage their studies here in Germany also have the possibility to apply for the scholarship.
The winner of the scholarship will receive a monthly scholarship of 500 Euro during a 12-month period. That way, you will have more time to take care of your child.
How to apply:
DO YOU KNOW?
- Some universities is free for everyone in Germany including international students to study engineering in 2019-2020.
- Germany is the 7th largest country in Europe.
- Berlin, Germany has the largest train station in Europe.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal