Scholarships are available in a wide range of subjects including development, engineering, environment, medical and health sciences, and textiles.
CHAT with over 10,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc
- Advanced Process Integration and Design MSc
Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Systems Management MSc
- Commercial Project Management MSc
- Construction Project Management MSc
- Engineering Project Management MSc
- Management of Projects MSc
- Mechanical Engineering Design MSc
- Reliability Engineering and Asset Management MSc
- Structural Engineering MSc
- Thermal Power & Fluid Engineering MSc
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
CHAT with over 68,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- International Development MSc
- International Development: Development Management MSc
- International Development: Environment Climate Change and Development MSc
- International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry MSc
- International Development: Politics, Governance and Development Policy MSc
- International Development: Poverty, Inequality and Development MSc
- International Development: Poverty Conflict and Reconstruction MSc
- International Development: Public Policy and Management MSc
- Research Methods with International Development MSc
- MSc Management and Information Systems: Change and Development (Distance Learning)
- MSc Human Resource Management and Development (International Development) (Distance Learning)
- Education (International) MA
- Educational Leadership MA
- Deaf Education MSc
- TESOL MA
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Advanced Control and Systems Engineering MSc
- Communications and Signal Processing MSc
- Electrical Power Systems Engineering MSc
- Electrical Power Systems Engineering MSc (Distance Learning)
- Renewable Energy and Clean Technology MSc
- Environmental Governance MSc
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Management MSc
- Environmental Monitoring, Modelling and Reconstruction MSc
- Geographical Information Science MSc
- Global Urban Development and Planning MSc
- Pollution & Environmental Control MSc
Humanitarian and Conflict Response
- Humanitarianism and Conflict Response MA
- International Disaster Management MSc
- Corporate Governance LLM
- Intellectual Property Law LLM
- International Business and Commercial Law LLM
- International Financial Law LLM
- International Trade Transactions LLM
Medical and Health Sciences
- Biological Sciences MRes
- Cell Biology MSc
- Clinical I
- Museum Studiesmmunology MSc
- Medical Virology MSc
- Medical Microbiology MSc
- Public Health MPH (Web-based Learning)
- Science Communication MSc
- Gallery and Museum Studies MA
- Corrosion Control Engineering MSc
- Petroleum Geoscience for Reservoir Development and Production MSc
- Petroleum Exploration Geoscience MSc
- Polymer Materials Science and Engineering MSc
- International Fashion Marketing MSc
- International Fashion Retailing (Business Process Improvement) MSc
- International Fashion Retailing (Multichannel Marketing) MSc
- International Fashion Retailing MSc
- Textile Technology (Technical Textiles) MScma
Master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
- have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Tanzania and have not previously studied outside Africa(training of six months or less does not count);
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Tanzania;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
English language requirements
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need one of the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English Language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of C in CSE (Certificate of Secondary Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- IBT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Have a look at the full list of available courses above to check the specific requirements.
Have you won any scholarship in the past? Submit your scholar story or submit a scholarship for us to post on our website HERE.
How to apply
We are closed for scholarship applications for entry in September 2019. Applications for September 2020 entry will open in August 2019. Applications should be submitted online via SmartSurvey (the link will be posted here in August 2019). Please note we do not accept applications via email.
To apply you will need:
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.
DO YOU KNOW?
- The university has the largest student community.
- 25 Nobel Prize winners have worked or studied here.
- 83% of researches were ranked as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ by the Research Excellence Framework in 2014.
CHAT with over 85,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps