RMIT University is currently accepting application for PhD Chemical Engineering Scholarships in Australia 2019/2020. Australia can export its vast solar and wind resources via H2 transported as liquid NH3, both of which can be used as feedstock for industrial processes and fuel sources for heat and electricity generation and vehicles.
However, the process requires detailed calculations on material flow, capital and operating costs, energy footprint and CO2 emissions. This work involves reviewing the available technologies on hydrogen energy systems and developing a generic techno-economic tool to evaluate them.
About PhD Chemical Engineering Scholarships in Australia 2019/2020
The PhD student will work with CSIRO experimental teams to study and evaluate the existing technologies on hydrogen energy systems and develop the system model using process flowsheeting software like Aspen plus and spreadsheet simulations.
Value and Duration
Up to $31,000 per annum for three years with a possible extension of six months (full time).
Number of scholarships Available
Eligibility for PhD Chemical Engineering Scholarships in Australia 2019/2020
Candidates with backgrounds in chemical engineering are encouraged to apply. However, candidates with excellent performance in other fields such as process/energy engineering will also be considered.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or a self-funded international student
- have first-class honours or 2A honours or equivalent or a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline of engineering
- provide evidence of good oral and written communication skills
- demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team
- meet RMIT’s entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy.
How to Apply for PhD Chemical Engineering Scholarships in Australia 2019/2020
Interested candidates should contact Prof. Raj Parthasarath: [email protected]
- a statement to outline your interest
- an electronic copy of your academic transcripts
- a CV that includes any publications and the contact details of 2 referees.
For international applicants, evidence of English proficiency may be required.
Applications are now open.
Applications will close when a candidate is selected.
PhD Chemical Engineering Scholarships in Australia 2019/2020 Terms and conditions
This Scholarship will be governed by RMIT’s University Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
For more information contact:
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal