Nomads Travel Film Scholarship are currently acceptable 2019 applications. Ever wanted to be a professional photographer? This is your opportunity.
Apply for the World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2019. This is your chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Malaysia and be personally mentored by award-winning filmmaker Jenny Nichols. You could be capturing staggering seascapes and incredible biodiversity while telling stories of the diverse local communities who call Malaysia home.
Becoming a good travel filmmaker requires more than capturing the highlights of a trip. For the past ten years, World Nomads has been providing up-and-coming filmmakers with invaluable mentorships with industry professionals.
These experiences are custom tailored to deliver true in-field experience, and equip budding filmmakers with sound knowledge of camera, audio, capturing a narrative, interviewing, direction, and post-production.
Most importantly, the mentorships allow recipients to understand what is at the heart of good travel filmmaking. World Nomads do this by showing new perspectives, encouraging lateral thinking, and providing access to incredible stories around the world
Eligibility for Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2019
- If you’re still learning the craft of filmmaking and if creating films is responsible for less than 25% of your income, then you’re eligible to apply. This may mean you have had a few films commissioned in the past, or keep a regular video channel of your own – but it isn’t your full-time gig;
- You may submit a film in your local language. However, if people in your film are speaking a language other than English your film must include English subtitles. Keep in mind that English skills are paramount as the scholarship mentor Jenny Nichols only speaks English;
- Applicant must be eligible to obtain a Malaysian visa.
- Receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to Malaysia
- Improve your skills in the field and during post-production under the mentorship of professional filmmaker Jenny Nichols
- Explore Malaysia and capture its stories on an all-expenses-paid adventure
- Record superior sound for your film with new microphones courtesy of RØDE Microphones
- Protect your gear with a specialised camera bag from Lowepro and accessories from Langly
- As always, travel insurance for the trip provided by World Nomads.
You’ll need to convince the judging panel through your application that you have the spirit of adventure and a passion for travel filmmaking. A good travel documentary should:
- Convey a strong narrative in English (or with English subtitles)
- Focus on a specific travel story within a 3 minute timeframe
- Show your interviewing skills and ability to coax a good story from your subject
- Demonstrate strong filmmaking skills
- Show originality
- Be visually engaging
The deadline for the Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2019 is 6th August, 2019.
How to Apply for Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2019
- Make a 3-minute documentary: Interview an adventurer or inspiring traveler and bring their compelling travel story to life.
- Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo: Please make sure your video is publicly accessible
- Complete the application form: Fill in your personal details here so they know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal