Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) Fully Funded in South Africa, 2020-2021
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship in South Africa 2020-2021. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values evidenced by their leadership.
Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. Moreover, MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Futhermore, this Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Pretoria (UP) for full-time postgraduate study is open to students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and are residents or citizens of an African country.
This Program targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged, young people in Africa who will go back to contribute to the transformation of their countries. Applicants should not already be in possession of a Masters Degree/ Qualification.
Opportunity Focus for Mastercard Scholarship 2020-2021
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The MasterCard Foundation scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Africans. It will cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counseling support
To qualify for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) 2020, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels;
- You must have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
Application Instructions for Mastercard Scholarship 2020-2021:
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) 2020:
You may apply online:
To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome.
Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp.
Application inquiries can be directed to:
Tel: 012 420 4297
Closing dates for applications for Mastercard Scholarship 2020-2021:
Applications to study at the UP open on 1 March 2019 and close on 31 August 2019. Applications for the MCFSP open on 1 May 2019 and close on 17 September 2019. Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program.
More so, the program is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success. Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
DO YOU KNOW?
- The Program provides financial, social, and academic support to Scholars.
- Students benefit from enrichment in areas relevant to employment success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Graduates of the Scholars Program will be connected through an alumni network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to consult with other graduates.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal