Application for Kotzen Scholarships at Simmons University USA 2019-2020. This application is open for fresh students at the Simmons University for the 2019-2020 academic session.
The Kotzen Scholarship provides full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more. This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
This is the most prestigious award offered at Simmons, and acknowledges excellence through focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity.
Eligibility for Kotzen Scholarship 2019-2020
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
Students who meet the criteria above are often also interested in the Honors Program at Simmons.
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3,000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from your own personal experience, to support your argument.
Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an on-campus interview which will be conducted in February. If you are an international applicant unable to make it to campus, a Skype interview may be conducted instead.
Applicants must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the University by December 1, 2019.
Finalists for scholarship consideration will be notified in mid-January. Recipients will be notified by March 1.
Application process for Kotzen Scholarship 2019-2020
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below. Students should submit their essays in PDF or Word Doc via our online form, or email directly with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
Please note: it is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal