Jim Ovia foundation is currently accepting applications for Undergraduate Scholarship in the 2019/2020 academic session. This scholarship is available to students in all departments studying any accredited in a Nigerian university.
About Jim Ovia Scholarship
The Jim Ovia Scholarship was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia since 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previoustly known as the MUSTE scholarship. The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program.
The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
Goals of Jim Ovia Undergraduate Scholarship
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap among Nigerian Youth
Eligibility and Criteria for Jim Ovia Undergraduate Scholarship 2019/2020
- The scholarship is open to all undergraduate University students of Nigerian citizenship.
- One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
Jim Ovia Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship is worth N150,000 annually.
Jim Ovia 2019 Scholarship Deadline
The Scholarship will close at the second week of November, 2019.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal