Application for ICAS Foundation Scholarships 2019-2020 are currently open to international students. Application details, eligibility and deadline are below.
About ICAS Foundation Scholarships 2019-2020
The ICAS Foundation awards bursaries of up to £2,500 per year, to individuals whose parents or guardians earn under a certain threshold per annum.
The bursaries aim to help alleviate the costs of studying and, for example, day-to-day living costs. Bursaries are available to secondary school students, college students or students already at university who are applying to study on an approved course, for example an accountancy or finance degree.
Individuals receiving an ICAS Foundation bursary are automatically enrolled in the ICAS mentoring scheme which aims to help young people to reach their fullest potential with the help and support of an experienced Chartered Accountant (CA).
Eligibility for ICAS Foundation Scholarships 2019-2020
If you can answer yes to these questions you are eligible to apply for an ICAS Foundation Bursary:
- Have you applied, intend to apply or are currently studying an undergraduate course in accountancy or finance course at university?
- Is your parental/guardian income under £34,000?
- Will you receive a Student Bursary from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) or a similar agency?
If the answer is yes to all of the above then you are eligible to apply for an ICAS Foundation Bursary.
Students in receipt of a scholarship from the university or a trust similar to the ICAS Foundation are not eligible to apply. If you would like to clarify your eligibility please e-mail [email protected]
ICAS Foundation Scholarships winning criteria
There is no wrong or right way to complete the personal statement but the following information should be included:
- How will an ICAS Foundation Bursary make a difference to you and your studies
- Family background i.e. who you live with and their circumstances
- Participation in community activities (such as volunteering outside school)
- Any part-time work or work experience
- Career aspirations
- Participation in any university or career insight programmes
- Reasons for your university and course choices
- Additional information to support your application
We would recommend you make full use of the 1000 words available for your personal statement.
The deadline for the scholarship varies.
How to Apply for ICAS Foundation Scholarships 2019-2020
Please complete this application form paying particular attention to the Bursary Application Guidelines prior to completing the form. Once we have received your completed application together with supporting documentation we will acknowledge receipt and consider the evidence and references that you have submitted.
A committee of ICAS Foundation Trustees will review all of the information submitted when making a decision.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal