Chevening Scholarship is a global prestigious scholarship which is open to candidates from over 160 countries. Applying for this scholarship is straightforward. It can also be time-consuming if you truly want to stand a chance to get it as you have to write and then review your personal statement, essays and other details.
Chevening Scholarship Registration
- The first thing you will be required to do is create an account with your email.
- This account will be the primary means of communication with you and Chevening.
- Ensure you use a professional email account bearing at least two of your names.
- Avoid emails with words like: “itz”, “cute”, “sweet” etc.
- Ensure you access your email regularly for updates from the Chevening Scholarship Body.
- Then, sign in with the email you used for registration on your mobile phone.
- Moreover, you can join the Chevening Scholarship Group to interact with alumni and other prospective scholars.
CHAT with over 10,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
Chevening Application Process
- Furthermore, application process requires serious care as the scholarship is highly competitive.
- Once you are done with the registration using your names and email, you will start the application for the scholarship.
- The first thing will be to fill your personal details like address, gender etc.
- Ensure you review every details you input as a single error may mar your chances of being successful.
- You can ask a trusted scholar friend of yours, or a Chevening alumnus for guidance.
Chevening Personal Statements
- The Chevening Personal Statements are very crucial for one to be selected for the award.
- Therefore, you must take serious care in the manner you articulate your essays.
- Scholars Portal had previously provided detailed guidelines on how to write personal statements.
- You will be required to write essays on leadership, networking, career plan and university choice.
- The essays have to be true stories, avoid cooking up stories that do not exist.
- Cooking up stories in your personal statement will make you sound incoherent.
- It is very important to garnish your stories with figures.
- Do not make the mistake of hiding your achievements so as to sound modest.
- It is important to list them concisely, but do not overshoot.
- You will be required to provide 2 references.
- The references could be both academic, professional or either of them.
- Initially, Chevening only shortlisted eligible candidates for the interview direct.
- However, since last year, the scholarship body introduced “longlisting”.
- The thought it necessary to longlist candidates whose essays met the minimum requirements.
- Thereafter, candidates are shortlisted for interview by their local embassies in their country.
- So being longlisted does not necessarily mean that you will get to the interview stage.
- Those that will be selected for the interview have reached the semi-final stage.
CHAT with over 68,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- As previously said, the Chevening interview stage is not the final stage.
- Even after being successful as this stage, you will still need to fulfill certain conditions.
- The first is that you must have an unconditional offer with an Chevening eligible university in UK.
- Unconditional offers are full offers which are not based on any pre-requisite.
- Then, you must have passed the minimum English requirements for the scholarship.
- While getting admission is not taxing, it is not usually the case with fulfilling the English requirements.
- It is advisable to take your IELTS, TOEFL etc. test early to avoid being unfortunate after succeeding at the interview.
- Winners are usually contacted around June-July to start their studies in UK around September-October.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Chevening awards less than 3% of people that apply for the scholarship globally.
- You can get the Chevening Masters Scholarship even if you already have another masters.
- You can apply for the scholarship even with a 2:2, though you will have to put up a very excellent application.
CHAT with over 85,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps