Chevening Scholarship is a global prestigious scholarship which is open to candidates from over 160 countries. Applying for this scholarship is straightforward. It can also be time-consuming if you truly want to stand a chance to get it as you have to write and then review your personal statement, essays and other details.
Chevening Scholarship Registration
- The first thing you will be required to do is create an account with your email.
- This account will be the primary means of communication with you and Chevening.
- Ensure you use a professional email account bearing at least two of your names.
- Avoid emails with words like: “itz”, “cute”, “sweet” etc.
- Ensure you access your email regularly for updates from the Chevening Scholarship Body.
- Then, sign in with the email you used for registration on your mobile phone.
- Moreover, you can join the Chevening Scholarship Group to interact with alumni and other prospective scholars.
Chevening Application Process
- Furthermore, application process requires serious care as the scholarship is highly competitive.
- Once you are done with the registration using your names and email, you will start the application for the scholarship.
- The first thing will be to fill your personal details like address, gender etc.
- Ensure you review every details you input as a single error may mar your chances of being successful.
- You can ask a trusted scholar friend of yours, or a Chevening alumnus for guidance.
Chevening Personal Statements
- The Chevening Personal Statements are very crucial for one to be selected for the award.
- Therefore, you must take serious care in the manner you articulate your essays.
- Scholars Portal had previously provided detailed guidelines on how to write personal statements.
- You will be required to write essays on leadership, networking, career plan and university choice.
- The essays have to be true stories, avoid cooking up stories that do not exist.
- Cooking up stories in your personal statement will make you sound incoherent.
- It is very important to garnish your stories with figures.
- Do not make the mistake of hiding your achievements so as to sound modest.
- It is important to list them concisely, but do not overshoot.
- You will be required to provide 2 references.
- The references could be both academic, professional or either of them.
- Initially, Chevening only shortlisted eligible candidates for the interview direct.
- However, since last year, the scholarship body introduced “longlisting”.
- The thought it necessary to longlist candidates whose essays met the minimum requirements.
- Thereafter, candidates are shortlisted for interview by their local embassies in their country.
- So being longlisted does not necessarily mean that you will get to the interview stage.
- Those that will be selected for the interview have reached the semi-final stage.
- As previously said, the Chevening interview stage is not the final stage.
- Even after being successful as this stage, you will still need to fulfill certain conditions.
- The first is that you must have an unconditional offer with an Chevening eligible university in UK.
- Unconditional offers are full offers which are not based on any pre-requisite.
- Then, you must have passed the minimum English requirements for the scholarship.
- While getting admission is not taxing, it is not usually the case with fulfilling the English requirements.
- It is advisable to take your IELTS, TOEFL etc. test early to avoid being unfortunate after succeeding at the interview.
- Winners are usually contacted around June-July to start their studies in UK around September-October.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Chevening awards less than 3% of people that apply for the scholarship globally.
- You can get the Chevening Masters Scholarship even if you already have another masters.
- You can apply for the scholarship even with a 2:2, though you will have to put up a very excellent application.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal