Scholarships for Nigerians to study in Canada in 2019-2020 can be found here. These scholarships are for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Canada is one of the best place for Nigerians to study. The standard of living is far higher in Canada compared to Nigeria.
Some of these scholarships are for international students. Others are for Nigerians that are already admitted in the school. Also, some are offered by the individual schools and others are by international organizations as well as individuals.
University of Toronto Scholarships in Canada for Nigerians
B. Pearson International Scholarship Program
CHAT with over 10,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
Eligibility (Basic Eligibility):
Must be an international secondary school student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit) intending to begin university studies in the following academic year.
Level of Study:
CHAT with over 68,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
Description of Award:
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- an original and creative thinker
- committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2018
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2019 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply:
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage starting here.[NOTE: this participation application page will be closed at 4pm EST on Friday, November 30])
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2019 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.
University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada for Nigerians
McGill Scholarships & Awards
McGill recognises the challenges International students can face when studying away from home. The Scholarships and Student Aid Office is committed to ensuring that qualified students from any geographic region are financially supported in their goals to enter and complete academic programs at the University. This page points to the various funding opportunities that will help support these goals.
McGill Financial Aid
The Scholarships and Student Aid Office administers need-based Financial Aid Programs for future and current undergraduates, as well as current graduate students from Canada, US, and abroad. Our programs offer modest loans and bursaries to students in need of supplemental financial assistance. Other services we offer include:
- Tuition Payment Deferrals: useful for International students experiencing delays in their funding transfers
- Work Study Program: for on-campus job opportunities
- Emergency loans: for unforeseen circumstances
- Frugal Scholar Money Management Program: financial planning, debt management and educational costs
Newly admitted undergraduate students can apply to McGill’s Entrance Scholarship Program. In-course award programs for undergraduate students currently studying at McGill fall under individual faculty jurisdiction as do those for graduate students.
Please visit McGill’s publications site for various program calendars that provide comprehensive listings and information on awards.
Seneca College Scholarships in Canada for Nigerians
Seneca offers 10 renewable entrance scholarships of merit ($1,000 each) for international students.
Students who have achieved a minimum GPA of 80 per cent in Grade 12 or equivalent prior to attending Seneca can apply for the appropriate scholarship once they have started their program of study.
After paying your fees, you can follow the steps to apply. Learn more about Award, Scholarships and Bursaries
The deadline to apply for the scholarships is Oct. 31 for most rewards (unless otherwise stated).
Ryerson University Scholarships in Canada for Nigerians
Scholarships and Awards
General Entrance Scholarships Program Fall 2019!
Guaranteed and Renewable Scholarships
Terms and Conditions
Prestigious Entrance Awards
President’s Entrance Scholarships
International Secondary School Merit Scholarship
Entrance award only (not renewable)
University of QUELPH
Scholarships in Canada for Nigerians
Scholarships and Awards
External Travel and Conference Awards
Automatic Admission Scholarships
Program of Study
Diploma Programme requirements:
Deadline to Apply:
CHAT with over 85,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps