Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering Up to 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany.
About Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowships
High-qualified international scientist and scholars of all disciplines who have completed the doctorate less than 12 years ago are invited to apply.
The fellowship is flexible and can be divided up into as many as three stays within three years. The aim of the programme is to enable highly qualified academics from abroad to come to Germany to conduct research stay there.
Why at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation –The foundation promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad.
- University or Organization: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Course Level: Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent
- Number of Awards: Up to 500
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship program.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is available in the field of science and research.
- Eligibility Criteria: Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines are welcome to apply for the opportunity .
Application for Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowships
- How to apply: Interested applicants can apply online by the given link: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/pls/web/pub_register.main?p_package=gf&p_lang=en
- Supporting Documents: A potential candidate for a scholarship must submit the following: Curriculum vitae (two pages max, Research outline (five pages max), Complete list of publications, List of selected key publications, Key publications, Doctoral certificate, German language certificate, if applicable, Host’s statement and confirmation of research facilities, Two expert reviews, Additionally, where required: publishers’ letter(s) of acceptance and/or acknowledgment(s) of receipt as well as summaries or translations of the key publications.
- Admission Requirements: There is no admission requirement for the opportunity .
- Language Requirement: English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
The fellowship will provide an award amount worth 2,650 EUR per month for postdoctoral researchers, 3,150 EUR per month for experienced researchers.
Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowships Deadline
Applications are continually received and there is no deadline for you to submit yours. You should your application at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection meeting.
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal