Applications for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2020 is now open. Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacic region.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) offers the opportunity for PhD prospective students to pursue their PhD education in Singapore and establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang
Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University
of Technology and Design (SUTD).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or
SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon
successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
About the 2020/2021 Singapore International Graduate Award 2020/2021
- The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Previous: SoGal Global Pitch Competition &
- Startup Bootcamp 2019 for Diverse
- Entrepreneurs (Win a trip to Silicon Valley)
- Next: JWH Initiative Grants 2019 for Young
- Environmental Leaders (Up to 50,000 Euro)
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies
may be amended from time to time without notice.
December 1, 2019
DO YOU KNOW?
The award is in 6 categories. See list of Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA).
Drop your comment(s) regarding this scholarship using the comment box below and stand a chance to win our Scholarship Application Guide Ebook worth $150.
We will answer all your questions and be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal