Rhodes Scholarship Application 2020-2021. The Rhodes Trust, based at the University of Oxford, brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study, who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act for various scholarship programs.
About Rhodes Scholarships 2020-2021
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional all-round students at the University of Oxford. Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
See also Global Rhodes Scholarships.
Oxford University in UK
Level/Fields of study:
Number of Scholarships:
A class of 95 Scholars is selected each year
Students from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (SJLP), United Arab Emirates, United States, West Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers: All University and College fees; the University application fee; a living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19); one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships:
• Citizenship & residency: Each applicant must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying. Please check the detailed information carefully via the country links.
• Age: Age limits vary between constituencies and range from a minimum age limit of 18 to a maximum of 28 by 1 October of the year following selection. In most constituencies, the age limit is 24 or 25. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not normally be deferred.
• Education: All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by the October following election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements, and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford. Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
2020-2021 Rhodes Scholarship Deadline:
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept 2020
All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships in the country-specific page to read the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country.
Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year. Deadline varies per country but is around July-October of the preceding year you wish to study.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
DO YOU KNOW?
- The Rhodes Scholarship scheme was established in 1902.
- It is the first large scale scholarship programme in the world.
- Rhodes Scholarship is open for International Students to study in the University of Oxford.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal