NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship 2019 for study 2020/2021 and available for studies overseas is currently ongoing. Application details for this scholarship is given below.
NDDC postgraduate Scholarship is also known as Niger Delta Development Commission scholarship and it is tenable for study in foreign regions like USA, US, Canada, Australia, Germany, Australia and countries in Asia.
About NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship 2019 for study in 2020/2021
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on a Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor, Master’s Degree from recognized Universities.
NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Level/Field of study
The scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate programme in the following professional disciplines:
- Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health excluded)
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
- Management sciences
The scholarship is hosted by the countries where the institutions are situated.
The NDDC Scholarship is open to Niger Delta states in Nigeria which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State, and Rivers State.
These opportunities have a value that includes a full tuition waiver, accommodation, travel fares and other expenses paid.
Typically, about 200 people are offered the scholarship.
Eligibility for NDDC Scholarship
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this NDDC scholarship:
- First degree with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to
undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD
candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of
the listed disciplines above, at a foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the
following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be
considered for the award.
Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Students must meet the required criteria for a particular Institution.
- must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries
How to Apply for NDDC Scholarship 2019 for study in 2020/2021
The application must be made online at the Commission’s website with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from a recognized Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
The successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgment for ease of reference. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website.
Select Your Preferred Program from the Links Below to the appropriate application form.
NDDC Scholarship Application Deadline
The Scholarship Application is to be submitted before 4th July 2019. The Application should be submitted as instructed by the Scholarship Applications.
1. First degree with minimum of 2nd Class, Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme from a recognized University.
2. Applicants must have gained valid admission letter for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
a) Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
b) Chairman of LGA
c) First class traditional ruler
d) High court judge
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
7. Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
8. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease reference.
9. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.
10. For further inquiries please contact:
Director, Education, Health and Social Services (NDDC)
E-Mail: [email protected]
The Commission will not enter into any form of communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the computer based test (CBT), those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful at the oral interviews.
Preference would be given to candidates from oil producing/bearing communities/Local Government areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of course among beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, change of institution and course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
DO YOU KNOW?
- NDDC scholarship is fully funded.
- At times, the stipends for the scholarship are not paid on time by NDDC.
- NDDC Scholarship is awarded based on Federal Character.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal