Full Ride Scholarships are awards that cover all expenses and are usually given to the best students. Full Ride Scholarships for 2020/2021 academic session are contained in this write up.
These expenses or funding includes tuition, boarding room, school materials, textbooks and sometimes even the study abroad expense and living allowances. It enables you to attend an institution free of charge!
About Full Ride Scholarships
A full-ride scholarship can be awarded by the government, institutions or by a private bodies. These are highly sought-after, highly competitive awards that are only given out to a small percentage of applicants.
Full Ride Scholarships are the desire of most students. There are over 85 colleges in states that offer Full Ride scholarships to the students.
Though one has to clear their strict requirements and guidelines to get this scholarship; anyone who proves their academic skills, merit, leadership or athletic ability, will be eligible to apply for the full-ride scholarship.
Most of these full-ride scholarship awards come from colleges and universities trying to attract the top students to their campus. Approximately about 1-3% of the students enrolled will get this full-ride scholarship award.
Who Should Apply For Full Ride Scholarships?
Those high school students who believe that they’re the cream of the crop must apply for the full-ride scholarship program. The candidate must have strong and specific examples of their community involvement, leadership skills, and outstanding character and should be the topper or at least should be in the top 10% of students in the class.
As these scholarship applications need you to write some personal statements or motivation letters, be sure that you are a strong writer too.
It is very difficult to find out a full ride scholarship without any help. Sometimes, students consider getting admissions in tuition-free colleges instead of applying for a full-ride scholarship program.
Actually, there are lots of experts with great experience to connect the right scholarship opportunities to the students by making it simpler for students to understand the process to apply for a full-ride scholarship.
Types of Full Ride Scholarships
- Prestige full ride scholarships: Basically, prestige Full Ride Scholarships are given to people that have demonstrated excellence leadership, service or another area. Sometimes, students that show great promise are also offered full ride scholarships.
- Athletic full ride scholarships: Students who show athletic prowess can earn full ride scholarships to some Division I or II schools. Full ride athletic scholarships are only offered to football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball, volleyball, tennis and gymnastics.
- State-sponsored full ride scholarships: Some state programs will cover the cost of college for students. These vary state by state and are often only usable at specific public universities.
- Government full ride scholarships: The government offers full ride scholarships to some students. Some common full ride scholarships offered by the government are for ROTC students, or students studying at a military academy.
- Merit Based full ride scholarships: One of the most common types of full ride scholarships, merit-based scholarships are reserved for students that have shown academic excellence. This is usually determined through GPA, SAT scores, ACT scores or through a combination of the three.
- Financial requirement based full-ride scholarships: Students from lower income homes can be eligible for full ride scholarships at some schools. There are also private full ride scholarships that use prestige or merit and financial need to determine recipients.
- Additional options full ride scholarships: There are full ride scholarships offered for a number of reasons. Some scholarships require a specific heritage, and others can be legacy based. Just about any incoming college freshman could be eligible for some type of full ride scholarship.
How to apply for a full-ride scholarship?
- Prepare ahead of time and make a list of colleges that offer Full Ride Scholarships and apply in all of them
- Demonstrate educational excellence
- Make sure your scholarship application documentation is complete and in order
- Develop your contact with Instructors and Mentors to obtain their recommendations
- Spend time in community service
- Build up leadership skills
Full Ride Scholarship Application documents & other requirements?
- If you are among the top 10% of students in your class or if you hold GPA of 3.5 or above then you are eligible to apply for a full-ride scholarship in any top ranked US college. Some of the colleges also offer sports based and need-based full-ride scholarships to students with low grades as well.
- Make sure you hold good scores in SAT, PSAT or ACT to be eligible to apply for a full ride scholarship
- Extracurricular activities are definitely a plus to support your application for a full ride scholarship
- Most of the colleges require Personal Statement to be written as a part of the Full Ride Scholarship application. The candidates have to write about their study goals and why they consider themselves eligible for a full ride grant.
- The candidates of Full-Ride Scholarships are also required to submit a letter of recommendation by their mentor’s or professor’s from the previous institute along with their scholarship application.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Most prestigious universities have full ride scholarships.
- Acceptance rate of Full Ride Scholarships are usually less than 3%.
- Full Ride scholarships (like Chevening) are generally prestigious.
Do you have any question(s) regarding this scholarship? Use the comment box below.
We will be glad to hear from you!Methodology: This review is based on a personal survey by ScholarsPortal.com and may or may not reflect the global views of the scholarship. Stars are used to represent the various review factors and a higher star means a better result. For example, a scholarship with an "ease of application" of 5 stars will be easier to apply than that with 3 stars. Based on the review factors, the scholarship is then graded with: "fairly good", "good" and "very good".
Scholars Portal can help you GET ANY SCHOLARSHIP you dream of!
Have you won any scholarship in the past? SUBMIT your Scholar Story or SEND a scholarship for us to post on our site HERE.
CHAT with over 150,000 scholars applying for the scholarships you love here:
- Group: Scholars Portal
- Channel: Scholars Portal Channel
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- African Scholarships
- Asia Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Europe Scholarships
- United States Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- OFID Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grant
- Henry Luce Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarships
- Sweden Institute Scholarships
- Atlas Corps
Disclaimer Notice: Unless otherwise stated, ScholarsPortal.com is not in anyway affiliated with any scholarship third-party body listed on our site. For more details, see our disclaimer notice page.
Follow us on Twitter: @scholars_portal